Monday, July 28, 2014

Dress Shirt Fabric 101: What's the Difference Between Pinpoint, Poplin, Twill, and the Rest?


When I was a young man, I worked my fair share of restaurant server jobs, in which I was required to wear a 100% cotton, white Oxford cloth, dry-cleaned only, and heavily starched. As anyone who's actually carried very many plates covered in leftover sauce wearing a white shirt on a double shift, you needed to own at least four to five of these guys for use in an average week.


Needless to say, none of my shirts ever got dry cleaned or starched (save for that spray can of Niagara), and after realized what happened to real Oxford cloth after wearing for fifteen minutes, none of them were a 100% cotton, … read more






from Man Made DIY Recent Posts http://ift.tt/1oCEyym

via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment