Wednesday, September 14, 2016

How to: Make a "Vintage Pull-Down Map" Style Frame for Your Posters and Artwork

created at: 09/14/2016I like a properly matted and framed piece of artwork as much as anyone, but sometimes, it can be a little overkill. First off, it's expensive, especially for large pieces, and secondly, it doesn't always fit the style of the art. Framing a poster or screenprint can often make it a space feel more like a movie or record execs office rather that a home filled with awesome art.

When I found this large vintage FBI target practice sheet, I loved the bold graphic design and aged colors. And I knew a classic frame would be way too expensive for something this size (that was originally considered to be consumable), and not the best fit, design-wise.

So, I took a cue from the classic pull-down maps of my elementary school classrooms, and created a simple way to hang it on the wall. Here's how to do it.    … Continue reading on ManMadeDIY.com



from Man Made DIY Recent Posts http://ift.tt/2cWh4qK
via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment