Friday, April 22, 2016

How to: Sharpen A Pocket Knife

Odds are if you're reading this blog, you're already taking good care of your kitchen knives with a home sharpener of some sort. But are you keeping as good an eye on your pocket knife or other daily-carry type knife? I recently realized that I hadn't quite noticed how dull the knife I often carry had become and set out to buy a good whetstone to take care of it. So here's a brief guide on how to give your pocket knife the TLC it desperately needs.   … Continue reading on ManMadeDIY.com



from Man Made DIY Recent Posts http://ift.tt/1rqkSmy
via IFTTT

2 comments:

  1. I collect knives so I make sure I take care of them by regularly sharpening those blades. I often use a sharpening whetstone since it's easier to use and it seems, it makes my blades sharper. I also use a honing rod, but not that often. With the high price of knives nowadays, it's better to be proactive and maintain our knive's sharpness to prevent it from being dull. For more information regarding this, here's a good link to follow http://backpackingmastery.com/skills/how-to-sharpen-a-pocket-knife.html

    ReplyDelete