I was suited up. Snow pants, ski goggles, lobster mitts, and long underwear all around. A super-warm, super dork, in full regalia, atop my beloved, radiation-green, single-speed Salsa El Mariachi mountain bike. Just another day, mid-winter in Minnesota, doing something that I love: snow-biking.
What's that? Where you live it's warm and snowless in January? Well, gay kaken aufen yam, as they say in Yiddish. Uh, I mean, good for you! But not here. If you don't find a winter sport to do here in Minnesota, then you are liable to go stark raving mad, quicklike, come the fleeting daylight of December.
For me, snow biking has opened up a whole new world of outdoor winter physical activity. I'm not much of a skier, and hockey's not my thing. Ice fishing is a thing; but it doesn't make any sense. So when I discovered winter mountain biking, it gave me, well ... it gave me a reason to go on living, to be honest. You know, that and… Continue reading on ManMadeDIY.com
from Man Made DIY Recent Posts http://ift.tt/1Hiovxr
via IFTTT
No comments:
Post a Comment